Thursday, March 22, 2018

Setting up The Writing Business Bank Account

Before I could even pay my first bill to the publisher, I had to set up a business account.

So first thing was off to Google to find free business checking. I went with Capital One (Spark), and later chose to setup Wave accounting that is also free.

Now the series of dominos begins.
I had to connect my checking account to the business account. For that to happen, you give then your bank account information and they make two "micro" deposits (meaning under 10 cents) to it over the next two days. You then log back into your business account, and tell them what the deposits were. Then you can authorize a funds transfer to that account (for example, your business seed money) which typically takes 2-3 days to clear.

In the meantime, they have ordered a debit card for you that is on its way and should show up within a week or so.

They did offer to accept a check deposit via my phone, but I declined to do that. I happen to also have a Capital One savings account, so I was able to transfer enough money to order paper checks.

Once all that has happened you are good to go. Go forth and spend your seed money. Next for me is the business license.

No comments:

Post a Comment