Sunday, May 19, 2019

A Review by Kirkus

My publicist has sent copies of my book (the ARCs) to reviewers. I already have a Kirkus review because I chose to pay for them to read it and give their opinion. In general, they liked it which is excellent new and the publisher now has a quote then can put on the back of the book just as it goes off to the printer.

https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/ellen-clary/pursuits-unknown/

I should say the reviewer got a lot of the finer details incorrect, like they're not robotics researchers, but instead nanobot researchers, and my religious group is not really a cult, but, in general, it was fine.

The quote the publisher is going to use is particularly choice: 

    "The plot, which combines technology with religious zealotry, is pleasurably creepy"


No comments:

Post a Comment