Saturday, June 8, 2019

Song Writing Maybe

I probably will have to write a song in my next book (haven't decided yet). I keep making song writing harder than it actually is. I keep thinking there's a mystery to it, but when I look at songs I realize that isn't the case with the words. 

Unless you're talking about someone who sounds like a poet. Then things get much more complicated. Examples would be Anna Nalick, Alanis Morissette, and Amy Rae, but creepy cool Garbage songs like #1 Crush are pretty straightforward. As long as I don't think about the fact that #1 Crush is 24 years old. Eeek. #1 Crush is a perfect paean to obsession and stalking. For writers it's pretty inspirational. 

Here are the lyrics.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%231+crush+lyrics&oq=%231+crush+lyr&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i61l2.5231j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8


1 comment:

  1. You could write songs like I write songs: a little editing of existing songs. Check Tajmutthall.org for the lyrics category. (I’m kidding about doing it like that, of course, but you never know!)

    ReplyDelete