Monday, July 15, 2019

Book Published July 9th, and Other Projects

Pursuits Unknown was officially published on Tues July 9th. Some genius at Amazon figured out how to get many of the books delivered on that day precisely, which is probably why the pub day wasn't on a Monday.

My publisher was very nice to arrange for sunflowers to appear that day. I like arranging flowers so it was simple enough to make then look presentable, take a photo, and send a thank you photo to them.

While the paper version is printed and is now out, we are still working on the audiobook, and any minor changes that we discover we need to do can always be worked back into the Kindle version. (This modern world.)

Another thing is that I am guest blogging too which I really enjoy as it makes me consider topics I might not of thought to blog myself.

One is that She Writes asked me to blog about How to Write an Animal Character.
https://www.shewrites.com/blog/view/2869395/how-to-write-an-animal-character
I need to check to see if I can put a copy of this in this blog.

I will be the first one to say I'm no expert, but apparently having created a world like my fictional world qualifies me to at least talk about how I go about it which seems fair enough albeit self indulgent.

Speculative Fiction also sent over a long set of 14 in-depth questions for me to go along with the part that they already posted about the book.

There are other blogging opportunities, but they are more nebulous.

I am trying not to pay too much attention to Good Reads. They are kind of a rough, impatient crowd and are not professional reviewers like Kirkus is. (Hint a professional review includes enough detail about the book that you can tell they've read the book. GR has no such requirement.) My marketing people tell me that GR is much more about readers than writers and I can ignore them if I like. I've made use of GR as a reader in the past, so I find this a little disappointing but probably the reality. I really need to focus on my work and not outside opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment